Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Nail Talk

Lets talk nail polish!

My new discovery!!: 

Revlon Nail Lacquer 
This nail polish is amazing. I didn't want to do a review of this nail polish until I tried it out in more than just one color. I originally bought this nail polish last summer from ULTA. I got the sea foam/mint green color called "minted" just because I liked the color and it was cheap. Little did I know that the product itself was amazing.

Now I don't know if it just works really well on me, or if it is a universally AMAZING product... 

2 weeks ago I painted my nails "minted" on a Saturday before I went to the OSU game (go pokes!) 
By the time the next Saturday rolled around my nails still looked perfect - seriously NO CHIPS

How amazing is that?!! 

One week and no chips! It had just slightly worn off on the tips... SLIGHTLY!

Yes it is safe to say that I was more than impressed by this product, I was BLOWN AWAY! 

But...

I thought, what if its just that color?! What if the other colors don't wear as well?!
So I decided to buy some more colors and test them out.  I bought two colors at Target, I forgot the names of the colors I got.  One is a pink-ish brown color (picture posted) and the other is a light sky blue (Tiffany blue) with a slight shimmer. GORGEOUS.

So, I put another Revlon color to the test and so far the polish is staying on and wearing great - just like "minted" YAYYYY REVLON! 

I painted my nails Sunday after church and today is Wednesday and they still look perfect, no chips or wearing.  I am sooo excited!






I forgot to add, I don't even apply a top coat to the nails when I am done painting... I usually do with most colors, but I don't even need to with the Revlon.

Let me say though, I don't just paint my nails...  This is my nail painting routine:

  1. To start, I take off my previous nail polish.
  2. Then I file/shape my nails.
  3. Next, I push back my cuticles and make sure I don't have any hang nails etc..
  4. Then I buff my entire nail with a buffer block to make them smooth.
  5. Last step before I paint my nails: I spray my nails with a nail prep that kinda dries up the oils on your nail bed and preps the nails for polish. My mom is a nail-tech and she gets this product @ State Beauty Supply. ( I can't remember it's exact name right now.)
  6. Paint my nails - 2 coats.
  7. Spray and OPI nail drying spray on my nails.
Another great thing about the Revlon nail Lacquer is that it dries quickly. Especially when I spray it with my OPI nail drying spray. 

I HIGHLY recommend you try the Revlon nail polish! 

I think I will do a nail painting tutorial on youtube soon and show my nail painting routine as well as my Revlon colors. :)

Check out our YouTube channel: Lo & Jill

God bless! 
Love always,
Lo

No comments:

Post a Comment